Manager of the elegant Leopard Bar at The Rubens at the Palace, Angelo Gobbi knows a thing or two about tantalising tipples. The cocktail maestro is responsible for serving up delicious creations in the jazz-bar style space which also hosts live music every night. This winter, he’s shared two of his best Christmas cocktail recipes that are guaranteed to wow your guests. From the Leopard Bar’s spin on a classic hot toddy to Candy Cane, a playful little number that marries Cognac and chocolate, these delightful drinks will bring endless seasonal cheer.
50ml Kilchoman Machir Bay whisky
15ml cinnamon syrup with honey
15ml lemon juice
3 cinnamon sticks, 2 for syrup, 1 to garnish
1) To make the syrup, bring a cup of water to boil with the cinnamon sticks. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of honey and refrigerate overnight.
2) Pour the cinnamon and honey syrup in the glass, then add the lemon juice.
2) Cut a slice of orange peel and pierce it with the cloves.
3) Add the whisky, the cinnamon stick and orange peel, then top up with hot water for the best warming Christmas cocktail.
15ml Mozart Chocolate Cream liqueur
15ml gomme syrup
20ml pear juice
3 drops Bénédictine DOM liqueur
Small candy cane to garnish
1) Add all the ingredients to a shaker filled with ice and shake it for 10 seconds.
2) Pour into an ice-filled rocks glass and add the candy cane garnish.
Home to an exquisite array of over 200 whiskies, sourced from all corners of the world, the Leopard Bar is one of London’s finest destinations for the legendary spirit. For the discerning sipper in your life, the Leopard Bar’s Whisky & Sharing Platter Experience makes the definitive Christmas gift. Guided by a resident expert, guests will be whisked on an extraordinary tasting journey via full and fruity single malts to earthy, rich peat flavours. To complement each whisky, guests will dine on an indulgent platter of premium cheeses and chocolate truffles. Not in the mood for a malt? Angelo will whip up one of the best Christmas cocktails you’ll sip all season.
Image credits: lead image © Red Carnation Hotels. Christmas decoration © Red Carnation Hotels. Hot toddy © iStock/jrwasserman. Candy cane cocktail © iStock/DebbieSmirnoff.