The Rubens at the Palace Hotel, a four star property, Hotel 41, a five star property; and Bbar our independent restaurant and bar. All situated in London’s Victoria overlooking the Royal Mews. Our hotels have unique styled rooms, the Rubens has 161 bedrooms and ‘41’ has 30 bedrooms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out plumbing, electrical and furniture repairs
- Painting of public and back of house areas
- Responsibility of all tools, materials and sundries used in connection with main duties
We are looking for an ambitious person with good attention to detail who can work well under pressure, enjoys being part of a team and has a positive and flexible attitude.
This is a full time position with shifts times ranging between the hours of 7.00am-9.00pm (five days on two days off)
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry..
The ideal candidate should:
- Have previous experience as a Shift Engineer or Handyman
- Have good customer service skills
- Command a good level of English
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
- 28 paid holidays per year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
- Staff Appreciation Annual Party and other Employee Recognition Events
- Voluntary benefits including Season ticket loan, free English lessons, Employee Assistance Programme and salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to work scheme
- Free English lessons
- Free meals on duty
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and has featured for five years in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and in the top ten for the last three years. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential! We are also proud to be recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first privately owned company to gain this award on a worldwide basis and retained it for ten years.
We electronically scan and store a copy of your passport and/or ID card to gain a clear indication of the authenticity of the document and establish the ‘Right to Work’ in the UK.