Here at The Rubens at the Palace we are committed to ensuring our hotel and facilities are as accessible as possible, accommodating a variety of guests’ personal needs.
Due to the design and rich history of the property, we are constricted with regards to structural changes to be totally accessible, however whether you have mobility, hearing or visual impairments, we will be able to suggest the best solution to ensure your stay in London is as comfortable as it is luxurious.
- One room is available located on the first floor
- There are 20 stairs from the accessible room to the main guest lobby
- This room has 32” of clear width on entry to room and bathroom
- Twin or King bedded combinations are available for this room
- The flooring in the bedroom is carpet and the bathroom is tiled
- Wheel-in shower and grab rails
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails are positioned around the toilet
- Two sinks in the bathroom, including a lower level sink
- Two emergency alarm points linked directly to Reception, from the bed and the bathroom
- Roll in shower
- Low light switches
Room facilities on request
- Furniture can be removed
- Shower chair and a toilet seat riser
- Digital alarm clock available with sound and a vibrating pad
- Emergency pull cords in bathroom
- Induction loop
- Magnifying glass
- Large button telephone
- Additional lighting
- Accessible reception and concierge desk, hotel restaurant and meeting rooms.
- Elevator dimensions: Left Lift Door 700mm, Depth 1100mm. Right Lift Door 700mm, Depth 1200mm
- Large font restaurant menus
- Wheelchairs can be arranged
- Evacuation chair
- Personal assistance offered
- Assistance dogs permitted throughout
- Grab rail locations throughout
- Disabled toilets
- Disabled parking arrangements
- In the case of a fire, the hotel is fully equipped to deal with all mobility, visual, and auditory impairments.
- Entrance to reception
- Entrance to accessible guestrooms
- Entrance to the meeting room/event space areas
- Entrance to at least one restaurant
Website Accessibility Statement
The Rubens at the Palace committed to its policy that persons with disabilities have a full and equal opportunity to benefit from the goods, services, privileges, advantages, and accommodations offered by the Hotel.
As part of this commitment, we are continually improving our website to make it more accessible. If you encounter any difficulty using our website, have suggestions about improving the usability or accessibility of the website, or would like to know more about the Hotel’s commitment to accessibility, please contact the General Manager by email using the contact information below.
General Manager: Malcolm Hendry